Dress for Success with
clothing accessories denote style and luxury as
silk ties can. Silk Ties
add a special sheen to a mans suit offering both visual interest
and personal expression. Other Materials may be used in the
manufacturing of ties but silk has a built in cache of expense
and glamour. Silk ties benefit from the richer dyes used by
silk producers and the expertise of high end designers. Fashion
experts often coordinate tailored suits with appropriate silk
ties for effect.
Business fashion experts say the choice of tie can reflect
the wearers personality or preferred image. Silk ties offer
very bold color schemes and pattern which imply power or security.
These ties can also be coordinated with dress shirts to give
the impression of organization and personal neatness.
can be printed or woven. Woven silk tends to be thicker and you
will often see a fabric weave running through it.
to Clean a Silk Tie:
2. Resist the temptation to expose a silk tie to water
3. Use a white paper towel to dab a small amount of stain remover
onto the stain
4. Blot with the paper towel.
5. Have the tie professionally dry- cleaned if you haven't gotten
rid of the stain.
and Storage of Silk Ties:
your ties with a specialized fabric protection spray before wearing
2. Avoid tie- threatening situations such as open soup bowls, ketchup
or mustard packets and babies.
3. Loosely roll ties to store them, rather than hanging them. Tie
rolls should be loose to avoid wrinkling, hanging ties can leave
the Right Tie:
To begin with you first need a quality tie made up of
100% pure silk to accomplish
that job. As a perfect person you are generally expected to
wear a plain colored non- distracting tie with your suit e.g.:
in dark red or dark blue color.
crooked tie projects a sloppy look and says the same about
the skills and abilities. Therefore it's important to focus
on the tie knot as well.
1. Buy a quality conservative 100% pure silk tie.
2. Practice how to tie the four in hand tie knot and make sure that
the tie's widest end is roughly at the upper edge of your belt.
3. Use a tie bar to attach your tie to your dress shirt.
Remember wearing a quality silk tie properly tied and fastened
is probably the fastest way to improve the overall appearance and
doubling your chances of leaving a favorable impression.
Contributing Author: Mr. Harish Rathi is the Director of
Kpr Silks Ltd. and he can be reachable via email at