Dress for Success with Silk Ties
accessories denote style and luxury as
silk ties can. Silk Ties add a
special sheen to a mans suit offering both visual interest and personal
expression. Other Materials may be used in the manufacturing of ties but
silk has a built in cache of expense and glamour. Silk ties benefit from
the richer dyes used by silk producers and the expertise of high end
designers. Fashion experts often coordinate tailored suits with
appropriate silk ties for effect.
Business fashion experts say the choice of tie can reflect the wearers
personality or preferred image. Silk ties offer very bold color schemes
and pattern which imply power or security. These ties can also be
coordinated with dress shirts to give the impression of organization and
Silk can be printed or woven. Woven silk tends to be thicker and you
will often see a fabric weave running through it.
to Clean a Silk Tie:
1. Act immediately
2. Resist the temptation to expose a silk tie to water
3. Use a white paper towel to dab a small amount of stain remover onto the
4. Blot with the paper towel.
5. Have the tie professionally dry- cleaned if you haven't gotten rid of
and Storage of Silk Ties:
1. Treat your ties with a specialized fabric protection spray before
2. Avoid tie- threatening situations such as open soup bowls, ketchup or
mustard packets and babies.
3. Loosely roll ties to store them, rather than hanging them. Tie rolls
should be loose to avoid wrinkling, hanging ties can leave creases.
Buying the Right Tie:
with you first need a quality tie made up of 100%
pure silk to accomplish that job. As a perfect
person you are generally expected to wear a plain colored
non- distracting tie with your suit e.g.: in dark red or dark
crooked tie projects a sloppy look and says the same about
the skills and abilities. Therefore it's important to focus
on the tie knot as well.
1. Buy a quality conservative 100% pure silk tie.
2. Practice how to tie the four in hand tie knot and make sure that the
tie's widest end is roughly at the upper edge of your belt.
3. Use a tie bar to attach your tie to your dress shirt.
Remember wearing a quality silk tie properly tied and fastened is
probably the fastest way to improve the overall appearance and doubling
your chances of leaving a favorable impression.
Contributing Author: Mr. Harish Rathi is the
Director of Kpr Silks Ltd. and he can be reachable via email at